Sunday, September 20, 2009

Last Call...

Soooo this it, the last week..
I have decided after a year of trying to be super nurse and mom at the same time, to step back and go back to being MOM to Trey and Parker. I had always wanted to be a nurse growing up, and achieved that goal 14 years ago. However, when Trey was born I decided to take some time off and spend with him, then Parker came. After being at home, I decided to go back to one of my first loves, Nursing. As a mom to a child with special needs I watched as my little boy slipped into some regression.. the crying, the stemming came more often, the "mommy has to go to work now", the weeknds of preparing him for me being on call. At times, I cried silently with him. I wanted to be able to do it all, be SUPER MOM, SUPER WIFE, SUPER NURSE and just plain SUPER!! Well, I crashed and burned...my IBS became unbearable to where I had to see a Gastro MD- which I believe GOD sent me there, thanks to the nice polyp they found.. which was totally unexpected, and stated a couple of years from now.. probably the news would not be so good, then my hair started to thin due to stress, I already have thin hair.. so that was not going to work, the Dr said you have to slowwww down... easy said than done.. I am a perfectionist plus I can do it all!! Right?
My husband so supportive, just shook his head most of the time, but was always supportive. I believe there are seasons for things, and my season of being a Super Nurse comes second to being chosen to be Trey and Parkers mom. So instead of looking and feeling like I failed not being able to do it all, I actually gained knowledge and knowledge they say is POWER!
So thank you for letting me share, therapy I guess.. I do not regret the decision to leave my job, but feel some sadness..
but I will "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverb 3:5
So co-owners get ready the boss is back, and we got work to do..homework, playing, reading together, and just plain loving... O, we do have a Show to get ready for and post new stuff-YAY!
Happy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment